Innovate UK Digital Health Technology Catalyst Funding Competition – Briefing and Collaboration Brokerage Event
Are you a business developing an innovative digital health product? Are you interested in seeking funding to support its development? Would you like to access academic and clinical collaborators, and gain support to prepare your funding application?
Innovate UK are launching their next round of Digital Health Technology Catalyst (DHTC) funding in mid-February, designed to support the development of digital innovations in healthcare. A total of £8M is available to support collaborative research and development projects of up to 30 months in duration, with each project eligible for funding of up to £1M.
Briefing and Collaboration Brokerage Event
This joint event between Translate, Innovate UK, and the Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN) will provide an opportunity to:
• Learn more about the funding available from Innovate UK to support collaborative industry-led projects, including the DHTC, Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs), and other funding competitions
• Find out about the wealth of support networks available to industry, including the KTN, EEN, Catapults, AHSNs and MICs
• Hear from a broad range of academic and clinical experts, ranging from health economics to artificial intelligence, and child health to surgical technologies
• Network and discuss potential collaboration opportunities with academic and clinical partners during a brokered matchmaking session
• Hear about the support and funding available through Translate to support collaborative, industry-led projects
Translate is a partnership of universities in the Leeds City Region with world-class expertise in the development of new medical technologies. Each project we develop in partnership draws on a range of resources, tools and perspectives led by our project delivery team. We will connect complementary expertise from across the region and beyond to design, develop and deliver innovative medical technologies.
For companies collaborating with academics and clinicians working with one of our partner universities we can provide support with:
• Identifying unmet clinical needs by working with clinicians and patients (PPI)
• Market analysis of competitors and opportunity, ensuring alignment to NHS strategy
• Developing product business cases
• IP landscaping and early stage economic modelling
• Identifying routes to obtaining regulatory approval
• Preparing funding applications and project planning
Further information is available at http://www.translate-medtech.ac.uk
The Translate partner universities include the University of Bradford, University of Huddersfield, Leeds Beckett University, University of Leeds, and the University of York.
About Innovate UK and the KTN
Innovate UK is the government’s innovation agency, tasked with driving innovations that will grow the UK economy by supporting businesses to realise the potential of new technologies, develop ideas, and make them a commercial success. In the area of Health and Life Sciences, Innovate UK runs a number of funding competitions including the Digital Health Technology Catalyst, sponsored by the government to spearhead digital innovations in healthcare.
The KTN is a network partner of Innovate UK, combining in-depth expertise in all sectors with the ability to cross boundaries. The KTN links new ideas and opportunities with expertise, markets and finance through their network of businesses, universities, funders and investors. They help businesses to grow the economy and improve people’s lives by capturing maximum value from innovative ideas, scientific research and creativity.
Further information is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/innovate-uk and https://www.ktn-uk.co.uk/
Registration is essential, book now to avoid disappointmentBook now