Translate in Action 2018
When: Wednesday 25 April 2018, 9.30 am – 4.30 pm (tbc)
Where: The Studio, Leeds, LS1 4AW
This free to attend, one-day event will bring together key medtech experts from the Leeds City Region and beyond to discuss:
- Opportunities and challenges faced by the sector
- Technologies that are moving closer to market, developed through new collaborations in the City Region (academic, industry, clinical and patient)
- Innovation awareness, understanding and capacity that enables effective medical technologies research translation
- panel discussions and audience live voting
- pre-bookable 1-to-1 meetings with industry mentors, secondment hosts, technology innovation managers, and more
Full programme to be announced
Spaces are limited and registration is essential. Book now to avoid disappointment.
Share your approaches and discoveries in medtech innovation in the Leeds City Region – and win £50
Show how your project in medtech innovation supports the Leeds City Region’s vision to become the driver of UK excellence in the med tech sector at Translate in Action 2018.
Translate is accepting poster presentation proposals that cover the range of support that has been leveraged from the Leeds City Region for their event to be held on 25 April 2018.
Researchers and other delegates have the opportunity to enhance their projects by sharing their basic science results, innovations and clinical outcomes at a meeting that has already attracted more than 100 registrations.
Prizes of £50 (Amazon vouchers) will be awarded to the best posters and pitch’s, judged by the event committee and public and patient representatives.
The deadline for submissions is Friday 2 March 2018.
Scope of the call
Abstract submissions are invited from researchers in the Translate academic community for quickfire, 1 minute presentations followed by poster presentations during lunch and networking breaks.
We would particularly like to receive proposals that showcase the range of support and collaborations that have been leveraged from the Leeds City Region (e.g. Translate support such as secondments, mentoring, courses, Technology Innovation Manager support and other innovation enablers).
Abstract submissions can come from any organisation, but must describe:
- Development of a medical technology and innovation capability
- A range of support and interventions from the Leeds City Region
Our 1 minute poster pitches followed by a long poster display offers an informal setting to showcase a wide variety of research, career development and collaboration. This combined podium and poster session provides an excellent interactive platform for researchers to present their own research work undertaken in collaboration with the wider Leeds City Region community and receive further recognition.
Prizes will be awarded for the three best poster presentations, judged by public and patient representatives. Please make your poster as accessible as possible.
Poster presenters will also be invited to pitch to a professional film crew who are attending the event.
- Abstracts should be submitted by email to Claire Perry (firstname.lastname@example.org) download the form here
- The deadline for submission is Friday 2 March 2018
- Poster presenters must attend the full conference, and pre-register attendance vie booking page https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/translate-in-action-2018-tickets-40545789548
- All presenters will be expected to give a 1 minute pitch during the conference. This leads to significantly more engagement during the poster viewing session
- Presenters should liaise with their supervisor for final sign off of poster designs
- Posters should be A1 size, the format and style of the poster is up to you. The poster boards are 2m high x 1m wide. You may bring a landscape or portrait poster but it must fit within the poster board dimensions with no overhang whatsoever.
- Posters should be printed and brought to the venue on the day of the conference, and presenters will be expected to make themselves available during conference break times for networking and discussion
- Poster presenters will also be invited to pitch to a professional film crew who are attending the event
- The display boards will be covered in nylon loop material and we will supply Velcro tabs to secure your poster to the board
Deadline for abstract submission: Friday 2 March 2018
Acceptance announcement: w/c Wednesday 28 March 2018
Translate in Action Conference: Wednesday 25 April 2018