Date published: 07/08/18
Apply for one of three places on the upcoming Biomedical Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate Course
In partnership with the Institute of Biomedical Entrepreneurship, Translate is offering three fully-paid places (normally $5000 per person) to the upcoming London Biomedical Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate Program (BIECP) to qualifying academics from the Universities of Bradford, Huddersfield, Leeds, Leeds Beckett and York.
The course takes place between 22 October – 26 October 2018, and offers successful applicants the opportunity to attend 45 hours of class work and receive direct mentorship from highly successful industry leaders with decades of experience in creating commercial biomedical technology start-ups.
Attending researchers and innovators will:
- Be provided with an understanding of the execution processes involved in developing ideas into commercial successes, the major components of full-cycle development of an idea into a successful enterprise;
- Readily analyse and validate commercial potential of their research, and intelligently evaluate potential start-up opportunities for personal involvement;
- Leave the course capable of beginning the implementation process on ideas that merit development, and;
- Gain access to resources for developing their ideas and pursuing validated opportunities into commercial development.
Who can apply to attend the course?
Applicants must be permanent academic staff (we are not able to offer places to PhD students or postdoctoral researchers) based at any one of the Universities of Bradford, Huddersfield, Leeds, Leeds Beckett and York.
When must applications be submitted by?
The deadline for applications is 21 September 2018 at 12:00.
How do you apply?
Email email@example.com with:
- Your CV;
- 500 words explaining why you believe you should attend and what you hope to achieve by completing the course.