- Purpose of this notice
This notice tells you how the University of Leeds will collect and process your personal data when you access this website.
- Automated collection of personal information
As with most other web servers, when you access these web pages certain information you provide will automatically be recorded by the University. This will include your IP address, browser type, and information relating to the page you last visited. This information is processed to estimate how much use of the server is made by different categories of users and, in the event of a breach of security, may be used to aid detection.
- Non-automated collection
Where you are required under this website to provide personal data, the uses of this data will be indicated at the point of collection – for example, when requesting a brochure or registering for an event.
- Third-party access
Your personal data that you have provided will not routinely be sent to third parties (unless notified – see 3. above).
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device by websites that you visit.
- Essential: These are essential to the website and ensure it works. They are first party cookies set by our web server;
- Performance: These collect anonymous information about the use of our website and help us making continued improvements to the site;
- Targeted advertising: These cookies are used in parts of our website to capture users’ subjects of interest and then serve targeted advertising on other websites.
Should you wish to restrict or block cookies which are set by our website you can do this in two ways:
- Manage your privacy settings
- Through your browser settings. The ‘help’ function within your browser or the manual that comes with your device should tell you how. You may also wish to visit aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how you can do this on a wide variety of browsers. Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our website.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why:
|Cookie||NetScaler Appliance session cookie|
These cookies are set by our Citrix NetScaler appliance and are used to ensure your browsing session remains on the same web server. It is deleted when you close your browser.
This cookie stores a unique ID assigned by the web server. It is used to enable some site functionality to work properly. It is deleted when you close your browser
Performance and advertising cookies
Google Universal Analytics cookies
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. These cookies are also used to track users’ interests and then provide targeted advertising on other websites. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.The information stored in the first-party Universal Analytics cookie is simply a randomly generated identifier, for example 12345.67890.
How Google uses data: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
Google analytics terms of serviceUniversal Analytics opt-opt browser add-on:https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
More information on Google re-marketing and managing your privacy www.networkadvertising.org/choices
- University Code of Practice
The University’s Data Protection Code of Practice also applies to the use of personal data under this website. The Code can be accessed at www.leeds.ac.uk/secretariat/data_protection_code_of_practice.html
- Changes to this notice
This notice and therefore the ways in which your data may be processed can be changed from time to time. Any changes will only be notified via this web page and you may be prompted to accept any changes.
- Further information and contact
If you have any queries relating to this privacy notice or the way your data is being processed through this website then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are dissatisfied with their response please contact the Translate Webmaster,email@example.com