On Friday 30 September 2016 the University of Huddersfield will be celebrating European Researchers’ Night – a Europe wide event giving the general public, young and old, from whatever walk of life, a unique opportunity to experience the real face of researchers.
Full STEAM ahead is the theme for the event and it will celebrate the exciting and varied research taking place at the University. Join this free event for an adventurous journey of the senses, jam-packed with activities, talks, experiments and interactive workshops that will stimulate your mind and open your eyes to the world of research. Activities and events will be taking place from 4.00pm until 9.00pm.
Highlights of the event:
- Join us for a ground breaking Guinness World Record attempt
- A European Corner will give you a chance to meet our researchers and see some of the exciting research we are involved with across the European Union (EU)
- A spectacular laser and fireworks grand finale show
- Make new discoveries about a range of topics at our expert talks and lectures
- Get involved with our fantastic free workshops and fun experiments- from high energy chemistry to building synths! – Facilitated in partnership with the Yorkshire Sound Women Network.
- Innovation Avenue and creative demonstrations in the 3M Buckley Innovation Centre
The event is supported by the European Commission as part of the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions, which is an EU programme to boost European research careers. The event takes place in more than 300 cities across Europe in September every year.
We are still working on all the fun events that will happen on the night. If you would like to be kept up to date with developments complete the enquiry form and whenever there is an update we will let you know by email.
If you would like to find out more about the event or want to be kept up to date with developments please get in touch by email at: email@example.com or call 01484 473909.