Translate: Me – Business Case Planning for Medical Technologies
This workshop takes a fresh look at business planning, with a focus on practical techniques to help you to test out new business or enterprise ideas, or refresh and improve your current activities.
We will examine the key components of a business /project plan and provide an insight into why a business plan is essential.
Using the innovative Business Model & Value Proposition Canvas tools our practical session will help you to produce a one page map of your opportunity examining ‘Customer Segments’, ‘Key Partners’ and ‘Value Propositions’. The Business Model Canvas is hands-on tool that fosters understanding, discussion, creativity, and analysis about your future business.
This workshop will:
- Demonstrate the Business Model Canvas – using examples of existing businesses
- Help you to develop a one page Canvas for your own business or project
- Provide a guide on how to pull together the key elements/content into a business plan format and discuss why this is essential
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Know your starting point and the steps involved from idea to launch
- Be able to use the design tools & techniques to enable early stage idea creation
- Know how to transfer your idea into a presentable/pitchable med-tech plan (/proposal)
- Have tangible & actionable outcomes
The workshop leader is Gail Cherry; a facilitator, mentor and coach to entrepreneurs who has helped more than 500 people to make the transition for student, academic & professional life into entrepreneurship. Gail is able to take what might seem, to an entrepreneur, a dull yet essential business task and turn it into an interesting, exciting and engaging process. In short, she helps people learn new things to work through the challenges of starting and running a new business; the right things for them.
Her work focuses on start-up and established business growth, mainly around the themes of:
- New possibilities, innovations & breakthroughs for developing the business or improving it.
- The entrepreneurial self: building capability, competence, confidence, motivation & grit.
- Implementing strategic plans; either alone or with superb teams
Spaces are limited and registration is essential. Exclusively open to research staff and students at Translate partner universities.
Book now to avoid disappointment.Book now